The role of the Local Committee (LC) is to work in close partnership with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in the management of the school. Local Committee Members (LCMs) take a full part in driving the improvement and culture of the school. The role of the LC is currently being carried out by an Interim Board (IB) which has been put in place by the Trust Board. Further details about the composition and responsibilities of the IB can be found below.
Castlecombe Primary School is part of The Spring Partnership Trust. The IB/LC reports into the Trust Board of Directors. The Trust Board sets the strategic direction of the Trust and oversees the Finance and Resources Committee (FARCO), who are responsible for the finances and resources of all the schools in the Trust, and the Achievement and Curriculum Committee (ACC) who monitor the progress and attainment of all pupils. Further information on the responsibilities of the Trust Board and its committees can be found by following this link:- The Spring Partnership Trust (please note this link will take you to an external website).
The IB/LC is specifically responsible for:
- Holding the Headteacher to account
- Safeguarding of pupils
- Child protection
- Monitoring the views of parents, carers and staff
- Monitoring pupil behaviour
- Health and Safety
- Ensuring that provision is made for pupils Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development and ensuring that reward systems are in place to recognise pupils’ efforts and achievements
- Ensuring all statutory requirements are met and that the school has appropriate policies and procedures in place
The Headteacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school and the implementation of the strategic framework established by the Trust Board and the IB/LC.
An IB is put in place by the Spring Partnership Trust when a school needs to improve fast. The board is smaller than traditional, LCs, and meets more regularly (fortnightly) to enable them to make decisions more quickly and efficiently and to help the school develop. In addition to the role of the LC, the IB is responsible for the progress and attainment of pupils and have powers to authorise spend requests on projects and resources that will help the school improve.
Any letters for the attention of the IB/LC should be addressed to the Clerk to the Interim Board, Castlecombe Primary School, Castlecombe Road, Mottingham, London SE9 4AT via email at: email@example.com
Governance information relating to The Spring Partnership Trust Board, including the Trustees' Register of Pecuniary Interests and minutes of Trust Board meetings, can be found by clicking on this link:
(please note this link will take you to an external website)
Historical Governance information relating to Castlecombe Primary School prior to joining The Spring Partnership Trust, including historical minutes, can be accessed via the documents below.
- Annual Report & Accounts 31 August 2015
- School Strategy 2015 - 2016
- Annual Report and Accounts 31 August 2014
- Value for Money Statement 2013 - 2014
- Previous funding agreement and Memorandum and Articles of...
- Final FGB Minutes 17 Sept & 14 Oct 2015
- Final FGB Minutes 07 December 2015
- Final FGB Minutes 15 March 2016
- Final FGB Minutes 17 May 2016
- Annual Reports and Accounts Aug 2016