At Castlecombe we believe that all children deserve a broad and balanced curriculum. Every child matters and that the qualities children have, including creativity, curiosity and a love of learning, should be fully nurtured. History, geography, art and DT are taught through Cornerstones topics that immerse children in a rich, deep and exciting curriculum.
The Cornerstones Curriculum helps children to:
- learn about a range of interesting topics in creative ways
- develop skills, deep knowledge and understanding in a range of subjects
- make meaningful cross-curricular links
- identify their interests and develop their passions
- find out about themselves, the wider world and their place in it
- develop their confidence, resilience, happiness and well-being.