Our school council consists of a representative from each class from Year 1 to Year 6. Each member is elected by their peers in a democratic way through an election. We meet every half term to discuss a range of subjects to help improve our school and the local community. These meetings are recorded in our minutes and are shared by school council representatives with their class.
Each member of our council, has an important role to play. The children take full responsibility for leading our meetings as well as feeding back to the rest of their class. We work closely with the senior leaders of Castlecombe and with the governors, to suggest improvements and share our good news with them.
Please see our latest minutes at the bottom of the page.
|Year 1 Maple||Isabelle|
|Year 2 Ash||Adrian|
|Year 3 Beech||Harry|
|Year 3 Willow||Jonah|
|Year 4 Elm||Kiera|
|Year 4 Pine||Elsie|
|Year 5 Birch||Shanai|
|Year 6 Oak||Nicole|
Head Boy and Girl
We are excited to announce that from this 2018-2019 academic year, we have introduced a head boy and a head girl who are role models for our school. These pupils were appointed through a rigorous selection process. During this process pupils impressed the senior leadership team with their ideas, confidence and leadership skills. Two deputies were also appointed.
Head Boy: Cameron
Head Girl: Poppy
Deputy Head Boy: Mason
Deputy Head Girl: Olivia
Deputy Head Boy: Vidush
Deputy Head Girl: Sienna
Their roles and responsibilities include:
- Being ambassadors for the school
- Speaking to visitors and answering questions about life at Castlecombe Primary School
- Sharing their experiences with children in lower years
- Being role models for the rest of the student body
- Meeting the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and other staff members to discuss current issues and developments
- Presenting awards and certificates
- Leading and reporting School Council meetings
- Ensuring School Council elections are carried out fairly
- Supporting the school in developing new ideas and projects